A telecommunications company and media houses are primarily responsible for the transmission of signals, messages, information, and infotainment. This industry majorly focuses on new technologies.
Run-through: The sub-industries within Telecoms & Media
1. Information Services:
These are companies or organizations such as newspaper houses that provide knowledge and information on a variety of current topics for the masses.
People in this sector know what is happening in their community, country, and elsewhere. If you want to pursue your experience in this sector, you need a degree in journalism and communication studies.
This is a comprehensive area covering various subtypes like digital media, books, newspapers, magazines, and radio and television networks, to name a few.
Digital media works in an electronic format, so you have e-books and e-newspapers as an example. Published literary works like paperbacks provide both knowledge and entertainment to people.
The radio and television have numerous channels that chiefly provide entertainment and bring news and other public information to the masses.
Planning for a career in media, you need to complete journalism and mass communication studies. People with a background in theater, music, and the arts do well in television as artists.
Lastly, you have telecoms in charge of providing cable and internet services, telephone networks, and related equipment like mobile towers.
Cable and internet service providers offer bandwidth and access to various entertainment channels to the public.
Telecom companies provide telephone networks and services. Companies that are into telecom infrastructure are responsible for the erection and maintenance of mobile towers, cable routes, etc.
Deep Dive: Explore which sub-industry resonates with you
1. Information services
Companies that provide data, knowledge and information on specific topics in a processed or published format.
Top 3 Companies: Penguin/Random House, Hachette Book Group & Harper Collins
Companies whose provide services across the carrying channels of communications. Includes;
Est. swipe time: 2 min
Companies engaged in providing telecommunication services and products. Includes;
Est. swipe time: 2 min
Wait, I’m confused? –
Ok, I like this industry, but will I be able to get a job here?
What skills and experiences do OTHER people in this industry typically have?
Are there any more resources to find out about this industry and job roles?
Lucky for you, these aspects have been taken care of, lets begin!
Top 3 skills to get started –
- Learn Linux in 5 Days and Level Up Your Career
- The Complete Cyber Security Course : Hackers Exposed!
- Learn Ethical Hacking From Scratch
Other important skills –
- The Absolute Beginners Guide to Information Technology 2021
- Nessus: Malware and Vulnerability Assessment
- Expert Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering
- Ethical Hacking: Network Scan Nmap&Nessus | ethical hacking
- Information Security Management Fundamentals for Non-Techies
- Threat and Vulnerability Assessment for Enterprises
- The Complete Cyber Range Hacking Lab: Full Course
- Security Awareness Training – Information Security
- Cyber Security Incident Handling and Response
- Web Security: Common Vulnerabilities And Their Mitigation
- A Guide to Security Information and Event Management – SIEM
- The Complete Splunk Beginner Course 2022
- The Complete Cyber Security Course : Network Security!
- The Absolute Beginners Guide to Cyber Security 2021 – Part 1
- Information Security Awareness-ISO 27001:2013
- The Complete Ethical Hacking Course: Beginner to Advanced!