Every industry is unique, and so is the experience working in it, it’s just that we are so unaware of such possibilities that we stick with what our friends/peers have told us.
Unlike you, the majority of candidates follow a mainstream career path and are not willing to take a similar risk of switching industries, but don’t worry, we got your back. We do the dirty work of spending countless hours of manual research to compile this list, so you don’t have to.
This section is to help you explore the various industries in which Marketing plays a significant role, and also nudge you in the right direction to make a kill in your new job.
Top 3 industries –
Information Technology (I.T)
1. Electronics & Hardware Companies like Phillips, Samsung Electronics, Siemens
2. Internet Companies like Google, Yahoo & Facebook
3. IT Infrastructure Companies like Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Arista Networks & Cisco Systems
4. Nanotechnology Companies like Taiwan Semiconductor, Thermo Fisher Scientific & DuPont de Nemours, Inc
5. IT Security/Cybersecurity Companies like Palo Alto Networks, McAfee & BlackBerry
6. Semiconductors Companies like Samsung, tsmc, and Intel
7. Software Companies like Microsoft, Hubspot, Zoom
1. Consumer Products Companies like Nike, British American Tobacco, and Unilever
2. Consumer Service Companies like Playboy, FedEx, and Mr. Handyman
3. Education/Training Companies like Stanford University, Udemy, Harvard Business Publishing
4. Food Companies like BeyondMeat, Del Monte, and Nestle
5. Retail Companies like Starbucks, Barnes&Nobles, and Walmart
6. Transportation Service Companies like Lufthansa, Avis Budget Group, and Cosco Shipping
7. Travel and Leisure Companies like Las Vegas Sands Corporation, Marriot International, Walt Disney World
Financial & Insurance Services
1. Accounting Service Companies like pwc, EY, and Deloitte
2. Brokerage Companies like Fidelity Investments, Charles Schwab, and Wells Fargo Advisors
3. Commercial Banks like JPMorgan Chase & Co., ICBC, and Japan Post Holdings Co. Ltd.
4. Consumer Finance Companies like Capital One, Rocket Companies, and Square
5. Credit Collection & Services like Atradius Collections, Summit A.R, and TKG
6. eFinancial Companies like JP Morgan Chase & Co, Bank Of America, and Mastercard
7. Hedge Fund Companies like Bridgewater, Renaissance, and ManGroup plc
8. Mortgage Banking Companies like Quicken Loans, SoFi, and loanDepot
9. Private Equity Companies like The Blackstone Group, The Carlyle Group, and KKR
10. Retail Banks like BPN Paribas, China Construction Bank, and ICBC
11. Insurance Companies like Allianz, Cigna, and Northwestern Mutual