Every industry is unique, and so is the experience working in it, it’s just that we are so unaware of such possibilities that we stick with what our friends/peers have told us.
Unlike you, the majority of candidates follow a mainstream career path and are not willing to take a similar risk of switching industries, but don’t worry, we got your back. We do the dirty work of spending countless hours of manual research to compile this list, so you don’t have to.
This section is to help you explore the various industries in which Data Analytics and Business Intelligence plays a significant role, and also nudge you in the right direction to make a kill in your new job.
Top 3 industries –
Information Technology (I.T)
1. Electronics & Hardware Companies like Phillips, Samsung Electronics, Siemens
2. Internet Companies like Google, Yahoo & Facebook
3. IT Infrastructure Companies like Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Arista Networks & Cisco Systems
4. Nanotechnology Companies like Taiwan Semiconductor, Thermo Fisher Scientific & DuPont de Nemours, Inc
5. IT Security/Cybersecurity Companies like Palo Alto Networks, McAfee & BlackBerry
6. Semiconductors Companies like Samsung, tsmc, and Intel
7. Software Companies like Microsoft, Hubspot, Zoom
Financial & Insurance Services
1. Accounting Service Companies like pwc, EY, and Deloitte
2. Brokerage Companies like Fidelity Investments, Charles Schwab, and Wells Fargo Advisors
3. Commercial Banks like JPMorgan Chase & Co., ICBC, and Japan Post Holdings Co. Ltd.
4. Consumer Finance Companies like Capital One, Rocket Companies, and Square
5. Credit Collection & Services like Atradius Collections, Summit A.R, and TKG
6. eFinancial Companies like JP Morgan Chase & Co, Bank Of America, and Mastercard
7. Hedge Fund Companies like Bridgewater, Renaissance, and ManGroup plc
8. Mortgage Banking Companies like Quicken Loans, SoFi, and loanDepot
9. Private Equity Companies like The Blackstone Group, The Carlyle Group, and KKR
10. Retail Banks like BPN Paribas, China Construction Bank, and ICBC
11. Insurance Companies like Allianz, Cigna, and Northwestern Mutual
Telecoms & Media
1. Information Service Companies like Penguin House, Hachette Book Group & Harper Collins
2. Media Companies like ViacomCBS, Sony Music Publishing, and The New York Times Company
3. Telecom Companies like DirecTV, AT&T, and Cisco